NHTSA ID Number: 10186932
Manufacturer Communication Number: SB09-J-002F
AN EGR COOLER TESTER WAS PROVIDED TO DEALERS IN JUNE 2009 TO DIAGNOSE EGR COOLER LEAKS ON ALL ISUZU DIESEL ENGINES EQUIPPED WITH AN EGR COOLER. THIS TESTER CONSISTS OF A PRESSURE REGULATOR ASSEMBLY J-46091-1 AND ADAPTERS EN-48974-5, EN-48974-15, AND EN-48974-30.
IMPORTANT: LEAKS FROM THE EGR COOLER MAY ALLOW COOLANT OT PASS THROUGH THE EXHAUST SYSTEM AND ENTER THE COMBUSTION CHAMBERS. FAILURE TO INSPECT THE EGR COOLER FOR LEAKS MAY LEAD TO A MISDIAGNOSIS FOR ENGINE COOLANT IN THE COMBUSTION CHAMBER.
IMPORTANT: LEAKS FROM THE EGR COOLER MAY ALLOW EXHAUST GAS AIR TO PASS TO THE ENGINE COOLANT PASSAGE WITHIN THE EGR COOLER. FAILURE TO INSPECT HTE EGR COOLER FOR LEAKS MAY LEAD TO A MISDIAGNOSIS OF AIR IN THE ENGINE COOLING SYSTEM
20 Affected Products
- 2005MY- Current Isuzu N-Series
- 2011-2018MY NPR Stripped Chassis (Reach)
- 2005-2010MY GMC and Chevrolet W-Series
- 2007i-2009MY Isuzu F-Series
- 2018MY-Current Isuzu F-Series
- 2007i-2009MY GMC and Chevrolet T and C-Series 6HK1 Equipped with Diesel Engines with an EGR Cooler
This bulletin supersedes SB09-J-002E. This bulletin is being revised to update model years and content. Please discard previous bulletin SB09-J-002E.
An EGR cooler tester was provided to dealers in June 2009 to diagnose EGR cooler leaks on all Isuzu diesel engines equipped with an EGR cooler. This tester consists of a pressure regulator assembly J-46091-1 and adapters EN-48974-5, EN-48974-15, and EN-48974-30.
Important: Leaks from the EGR cooler may allow coolant to pass through the exhaust system and enter the combustion chambers. Failure to inspect the EGR cooler for leaks may lead to a misdiagnosis for engine coolant in the combustion chamber.
Important: Leaks from the EGR cooler may allow exhaust gas air to pass to the engine coolant passage within the EGR cooler. Failure to inspect the EGR cooler for leaks may lead to a misdiagnosis of air in the engine cooling system.
EGR Cooler Pressure Tester
J-46091-1 – EGR Cooler Tester Pressure Regulator Assembly
EN-48974-5 – EGR Cooler Tester Adapter (5/8 inch for 2005-2007 5.2L, 2007-2009 7.8L, 2011-2018 3.0L)
EN-48974-15 – EGR Cooler Tester Adapter (17 mm for 2007i-2010 5.2L)
EN-48974-30 – EGR Cooler Tester Adapter (1 inch for 2011-Current 5.2L)
EGR Cooler Testing
- Partially drain the engine coolant and remove the EGR cooler hoses.
- With the cooler on the engine, install the end cap and clamp of EN-48974 (EGR cooler tester adapter) on one of the EGR cooler hose barbs and install the pressure tester adapter hose and clamp to the other EGR cooler hose barb.
- Back off the regulator on the J-46091-1 (EGR cooler pressure regulator assembly) by turning the knob counterclockwise until it stops.
- Connect J-46091-1 to EN-48974, and connect 90 PSI shop air to J-46091-1.
- Open the shutoff valve, and then slowly turn the regulator on J-46091-1 clockwise until the gauge reads 30 psi.
- Shut off the valve on J-46091-1 and monitor the gauge for leak down. Remove the EGR cooler if it does not hold pressure.
- If the EGR cooler does not hold pressure, redo Steps 5 and 6 with the EGR cooler submerged in very warm water (which allows the EGR cooler to expand). After placing the EGR cooler under very warm water, shake and rotate the cooler for approximately 1 minute to ensure all air bubbles escape from the exhaust gas passage before testing. With the pressure set to 30 psi watch for air bubbles. Watch for at least 1 minute. This is done to ensure the EGR cooler is leaking and not the EGR cooler tester.
Note: Not removing this trapped air may result in missed diagnosis.
Rotate Cooler to release trapped air
Shake Cooler to release trapped air
1 Associated Document
- 28PC Universal Radiator Pressure Tester & Vacuum Coolling System Kit,Equipped with 17 test caps for testing cooling systems on most domestic and import vehicles, such as Compatible With VW, BMW, Ford, Opel, Porsche, Audi, etc. Working pressure is from 0 to 35 psi. It will be a good helper in your daily life.
- 28 PCS Radiator Pressure Tester: Comes with various instruments, which help you solve any problem about radiator pressure conveniently and quickly.Special design of vacuum purge and refill tool connection allows easy testing for leakage in radiator system and quick change of coolant. With this pressure tester, you could easily do the job.
- Pressure Tester Automotive Equipped with a bold molded case, which keeps your kit organized, providing you a convenient way to tester. Besides, with the case, you could easily bring this radiator pressure tester set to anywhere you needed.Color coded radiator test caps aid with identifying which cap is needed for each application, so it’s easy for you to choose the suitable test cap for the job without messy.
- Radiator Pressure Tester Kit，Size of Carry Case: 23.6""x19.3""x4.1""(LXWXH); Working Pressure: 0 - 35 psi; Product Weight: 12lbs.Compatible with： Acura, Mercedes Benz, GM, Peugeot, Subaru, Chrysler, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Mazda, Infiniti, Geo, Suzuki, Isuzu, Honda, Acura, Lexus, Volvo, Saab, Citroen, Renault, Fiat, Alfa, Mini Copper, VW, BMW, Ford, Opel, Porsche, Audi, etc.
- 28pcs Universal Radiator Pressure Tester and Vacuum Type Cooling System Kit,The items are the same as the pictures.We provide carefree return, Our aim at pursuing the maximum satisfaction of our buyers!
- PULL HARDER , IMPROVE MPG & KEEP YOUR MOTOR HEALTHY --BY ELIMINATING BOOST LEAKS! It is good practice to pressure test any new CAC before install to ensure it is leak free and avoiding removal and re-installation.
- This Charge Air Cooler tester kit is designed to fit into the flexible hoses on each side of your CAC and isolate it for a pressure test up to 30 PSI. The 2 billet end caps have 4", 3.5" and 3" steps. The 5 ft. extension line kit comes with an air pressure on/off valve, 150 pressure regulator to drop the source pressure down to a reasonable level, and allow you check the intercooler for leaks.
- Test your truck for leaks the correct way, fix any boost leaks and keep the motor running healthy and tow with confidence! Even picking up 1/2 or 1 MPG over a thousands of miles can convert to a significant savings every week and keep the motor happier
- Whats included in this kit: (2) 6061 CNC machined end caps with 4", 3.5" and 3" steps that will fit a variety of class 7 and class 8 trucks 60 PSI mounted boost gauge 5ft Extension hose S.Steel Air on/off valve 150 PSI air pressure regulator 1/4" NPT thread and the common M-type compressor fittings
- This kit can be used instead of or similar to OTC 5039 Charged Air Cooler Tester
- FUEL PUMP - This pressure gauge set can be used to test fuel pump pressure, emission control devices, leaky, stuck open or burnt valves. Clogged muffler, turbo or exhaust system. Helps to locate leaks in the gas line, valve timing, worn out rings and seals, heating and air conditioning components.
- CAR VACUUM TESTER - Also can be used for testing engine vacuum lines, brake assist system, carburetor and intake manifold for leaks, vacuum or pressure loss. Set includes a variety of adapters suitable for most vehicles; Intended for carburetor engines with a mechanical fuel pump operating pressures below 10 PSI (0.7 Bar).
- PRESSURE GAUGE - The gauge has 4 inches diameter large scale, color-coded measurement, rubber surrounded protective and a hook on the top. so it’s easy to read and use. Range of vacuum dials is 0-28in/Hg Vac, 0-70cm/Hg; Range of pressures dials is 0-10 psi/g, 0-0.7 kg/cm2.
- HOSE AND ACCESSORIES - The kit comes with a 2ft/61cm rubber hose (13/64-inch ID and 23/64-inch OD). The max working pressure is 40PSI. Other accessories include (1)conical adapter, (1)plastic connector, (1) 1/4”x18 male to 1/8”-27 female adapter, (1)1/8”-27 male to 7/32”barbed fitting adapter, (1)1/8”-27 female to 3/8”male adapter, (1)T-type 7/32”barded fitting adapter.
- EASY STORAGE - Heavy-duty 11”x 5.7”x 2.4”inch (28cm x 14.5cm x 6cm) plastic blow-molded carrying case for easy transportation, safe storage, and quick organization.
- This is the most up-to-date version of the Genuine Ford OEM Engine Oil Cooler. Like ALL OEM Oil cooler this oil cooler comes with OEM gaskets & the oil cooler screen. All of our coolers do have the updated extra cooling layer.
- If your EOT & ECT have more than a 20-25 degree variation, your oil cooler is on its way out. Replace it before it becomes an issues. If you replace your defective or failing oil cooler with anything other than the OEM Updated Oil Cooler, you are asking for trouble down the road.
- This is a new Ford factory oil cooler built by International
- 2 year unlimited mileage warranty
- Compatible with all 2003-2007 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke diesel trucks
- 【Why Need It】For example: 1. The rupture of the vacuum hose will cause the mixture to be too thick, the idle speed will increase, the hot car will not start well, the engine will surge during acceleration, the fuel consumption will increase significantly, and the exhaust pipe will emit black smoke. 2. Blocking will cause the idle speed to drift, and the idle speed is easy to stall. 3. Air leakage in the vacuum tube will cause the engine to run weakly
- 【Built-in Air Pump】Customers do not need to purchase additional air pumps, we use high-quality materials, after many tests, please rest assured to use. You can save more time and money
- 【EVAP Detection】American cars that began production in 1996 are equipped with EVAP service ports; in most American cars, the EVAP service port is usually located in the engine compartment, but the EVAP service port of some special models may be located in other locations. Open the plastic cover of the EVAP service port, then use the spool wrench to remove the check valve clockwise, then install the EVAP service port adapter, and introduce smoke from the port into the EVAP leak detection system.
- 【External Pressure Gauge】You can observe the barometer to more accurately determine whether the car pipeline is leaking. If the barometer index keeps increasing, there is no problem with your car’s pipeline. If the barometer index keeps decreasing, your car’s pipeline leaks need to be repaired, and there is a barometer test. Leakage is faster and more accurate
- 【External Flow Meter】You can easily control the air pressure, because the air pressure of each pipe in the car is different. If the air pressure is too high, the pipe will be damaged, and if the air pressure is too low, the leak will not be detected. Therefore, the flow meter is very important to protect your detection system more effectively. Make testing safer
- Start Dead Batteries - Safely jump start a dead battery in seconds with this compact, yet powerful, 1000-amp portable lithium car battery jump starter pack - up to 20 jump starts on a single charge - and rated for gasoline engines up to 6 liters and diesel engines up to 3 liters.
- UltraSafe - Safe and easy to use car battery jump starter pack without the worry of incorrect connections or sparks. Safely connect to any 12-volt automotive car battery with our mistake-proof design featuring spark-proof technology and reverse polarity protection.
- Multi-Function - It's a car jump starter, portable power bank, and LED flashlight. Recharge smartphones, tablets, and other USB devices. It's easily rechargeable from any powered USB port in 3 hours at 2.1-amps. Plus, an integrated 100-lumen LED flashlight with seven light modes, including emergency strobe and SOS.
- Advanced Design - Our most advanced portable car battery jump starter ever. Featuring high-discharge lithium technology for safe operation in any climate. A rugged and water-resistant enclosure rated at IP65. A rubberized over-molded casing to prevent scratching or marring of surfaces. And an ultra-compact and lightweight design weighing just 2.4 pounds.
- In The Box - GB40 UltraSafe Portable Lithium Car Battery Jump Starter Pack, Heavy-Duty Battery Clamps, 12-Volt Car Charger, Micro USB Charging Cable, Microfiber Storage Bag, User Guide, 1-Year Warranty, and Designed in the USA.
- OTC's Cylinder Leakage Tester Kit quickly diagnoses internal engine problems like bad rings, valves, and leaking head gaskets and comes complete with adapters for most applications
- Dual 2-1/2 inch gauges read 0-100 psi and 0-700 kPa and feature chrome bezels and rugged protective outer boots
- Kit features a pressure regulated manifold with quick couplers, 24 inch long 14mm flex hose, and 10 mm, 12 mm, and 18 mm thread adapters
- Rugged, blow molded storage case with removable lid keeps components organized and protected when not in use
- Includes detailed instruction chart
- Direct fit for the 1999-2003 Ford 7.3L Powerstroke
- Proven +10°F (+5.6°C) drop in transmission fluid temperature with no additional fluid pressure drop
- 37-row stacked plate fluid cooler provides 265% increase in core volume compared the stock 9-row transmission cooler
- No modification necessary for installation, functions with all stock equipment
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- MORE CODES: To understand the problem with your vehicle you need the complete picture. With an up-to-date modern scan tool, you scan deeper to read, understand, and clear more codes. Access information normally only available to professional mechanics on their most expensive scan tools.
- REAL FIXES: Get unlimited vehicle specific Repair Reports, generated from our database of millions of fixes verified by Professional Automotive Technicians. Save time and money.
- NO CORDS: All the capabilities of an expensive scan tool (extended vehicle coverage, live data, etc.) combined with the power and convenience of your smartphone or tablet. No cords, no subscriptions, and regular free updates.
- LIVE DATA: View live data and monitor your vehicle’s health in real time. Configure the data sources, customize your view with various displays and colours, and log and export live data as a file.
- BlueDriver is proudly American owned and is the OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool trusted by professional mechanics and developed and supported by Professional Engineers.
- High Pressure Oil Test Kit
Last update on 2022-07-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.