NHTSA ID Number: 10186932
Manufacturer Communication Number: SB09-J-002F
AN EGR COOLER TESTER WAS PROVIDED TO DEALERS IN JUNE 2009 TO DIAGNOSE EGR COOLER LEAKS ON ALL ISUZU DIESEL ENGINES EQUIPPED WITH AN EGR COOLER. THIS TESTER CONSISTS OF A PRESSURE REGULATOR ASSEMBLY J-46091-1 AND ADAPTERS EN-48974-5, EN-48974-15, AND EN-48974-30.
IMPORTANT: LEAKS FROM THE EGR COOLER MAY ALLOW COOLANT OT PASS THROUGH THE EXHAUST SYSTEM AND ENTER THE COMBUSTION CHAMBERS. FAILURE TO INSPECT THE EGR COOLER FOR LEAKS MAY LEAD TO A MISDIAGNOSIS FOR ENGINE COOLANT IN THE COMBUSTION CHAMBER.
IMPORTANT: LEAKS FROM THE EGR COOLER MAY ALLOW EXHAUST GAS AIR TO PASS TO THE ENGINE COOLANT PASSAGE WITHIN THE EGR COOLER. FAILURE TO INSPECT HTE EGR COOLER FOR LEAKS MAY LEAD TO A MISDIAGNOSIS OF AIR IN THE ENGINE COOLING SYSTEM
20 Affected Products
- 2005MY- Current Isuzu N-Series
- 2011-2018MY NPR Stripped Chassis (Reach)
- 2005-2010MY GMC and Chevrolet W-Series
- 2007i-2009MY Isuzu F-Series
- 2018MY-Current Isuzu F-Series
- 2007i-2009MY GMC and Chevrolet T and C-Series 6HK1 Equipped with Diesel Engines with an EGR Cooler
This bulletin supersedes SB09-J-002E. This bulletin is being revised to update model years and content. Please discard previous bulletin SB09-J-002E.
An EGR cooler tester was provided to dealers in June 2009 to diagnose EGR cooler leaks on all Isuzu diesel engines equipped with an EGR cooler. This tester consists of a pressure regulator assembly J-46091-1 and adapters EN-48974-5, EN-48974-15, and EN-48974-30.
Important: Leaks from the EGR cooler may allow coolant to pass through the exhaust system and enter the combustion chambers. Failure to inspect the EGR cooler for leaks may lead to a misdiagnosis for engine coolant in the combustion chamber.
Important: Leaks from the EGR cooler may allow exhaust gas air to pass to the engine coolant passage within the EGR cooler. Failure to inspect the EGR cooler for leaks may lead to a misdiagnosis of air in the engine cooling system.
EGR Cooler Pressure Tester
J-46091-1 – EGR Cooler Tester Pressure Regulator Assembly
EN-48974-5 – EGR Cooler Tester Adapter (5/8 inch for 2005-2007 5.2L, 2007-2009 7.8L, 2011-2018 3.0L)
EN-48974-15 – EGR Cooler Tester Adapter (17 mm for 2007i-2010 5.2L)
EN-48974-30 – EGR Cooler Tester Adapter (1 inch for 2011-Current 5.2L)
EGR Cooler Testing
- Partially drain the engine coolant and remove the EGR cooler hoses.
- With the cooler on the engine, install the end cap and clamp of EN-48974 (EGR cooler tester adapter) on one of the EGR cooler hose barbs and install the pressure tester adapter hose and clamp to the other EGR cooler hose barb.
- Back off the regulator on the J-46091-1 (EGR cooler pressure regulator assembly) by turning the knob counterclockwise until it stops.
- Connect J-46091-1 to EN-48974, and connect 90 PSI shop air to J-46091-1.
- Open the shutoff valve, and then slowly turn the regulator on J-46091-1 clockwise until the gauge reads 30 psi.
- Shut off the valve on J-46091-1 and monitor the gauge for leak down. Remove the EGR cooler if it does not hold pressure.
- If the EGR cooler does not hold pressure, redo Steps 5 and 6 with the EGR cooler submerged in very warm water (which allows the EGR cooler to expand). After placing the EGR cooler under very warm water, shake and rotate the cooler for approximately 1 minute to ensure all air bubbles escape from the exhaust gas passage before testing. With the pressure set to 30 psi watch for air bubbles. Watch for at least 1 minute. This is done to ensure the EGR cooler is leaking and not the EGR cooler tester.
Note: Not removing this trapped air may result in missed diagnosis.
Rotate Cooler to release trapped air
Shake Cooler to release trapped air
1 Associated Document
- 【𝐁𝐔𝐈𝐋𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐂𝐎𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐒𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐌】This EASY-TO-USE radiator pressure tester kit can quickly test for LEAKS in the coolant system - whether they are caused by a BLOWN HEAD GASKET or a CRACKED BLOCK or a CRACKED COOLING SYSTEM CAP.
- 【𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐁𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘】Compatible with most automotive brands on the market, such as BMW, FORD, DODGE, CHEVY, AUDI and MANY OTHER TYPES of imported and domestic cars and trucks. 4 chrome adapters are designed SPECIFICALLY FOR TRUCKS and 8 aluminum adapters are designed specifically for cars. In order to make a quicker selection, we have designed a DIGITAL CODE for each adapter and added COLOR CODE for the car's adapter.
- 【𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐔𝐒𝐄】The whole operation process can be COMPLETED IN 10 MINUTES, for which we have designed a 3-inch large pressure dial for EASIER READING, an ONE-TOUCH RELEASE VALVE on the metal pump, while quick connect takes a system of AUTOMATIC CONNECTION by pressing. To solve the problem of "difficult to install with the kit" and "how to use", we will provide a PROFESSIONAL USER MANUAL.
- 【𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐓】Every high-quality kit is worth the investment, thus METAL is the MAIN MATERIAL of this kit. The high-pressure resistant PVC rubber has EXCELLENT AIRTIGHTNESS, the Rust And Corrosion Resistant ALUMINUM ADAPTERS and the stable and durable BRASS FITTINGS can REDUCE CORROSION of the coolant on the kit, compared to plastic kits with the same function, this kit will be an old friend that will accompany you.
- 【𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐆𝐄𝐓】A BLOW-MOLDED CASE for all-round protection of the accessories, 4 Aluminum Truck Adapters, 8 Aluminum Car Adapters, a METAL HAND PUMP, a Highly Sensitive Stainless Steel Thermometer, a detailed Instruction Manual. ADDITIONAL SERVICES：Autowanderer Tool will reply to messages within 24 hours, feel free to discuss with us any topic related to automotive tools!
- Complete Combustion Leak Test Kit - Includes Fluid - Nothing More to Buy
- When Fluid Turns From BLUE to YELLOW Combustion Leak is Present
- Tests in seconds for combustion leaks caused by: Blown Head Gasket (BHG) Cracked Head or Block Pulled Bolts or Studs Warped Sealing Surfaces
- Quality Tool Made in USA for over 45 years with Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Packaged in OEM white box
- [PRESSURE GAUGE]: Test fuel pump output pressure to 10PSI. Read engine vacuum to 28" HG.
- [KIT INCLUDES]: Comes with large 3-1/2" diameter gauge and 24" long vacuum hose.
- [ADAPTERS]: Adapters suits for most vehicles.
- [APPLICATION]: Check carburetor settings and valve adjustments.
- [PACKAGE]: Packed in a blow-molded case for easy storage and transport, with product instructions is included.
- Sturty & Durable: Made of high-quality materials, and treated with rust and corrosion protection, sturty and durable enough. Large acrylic dial with rubber cover is convenient to read datas more accurately. Pressure range: 0-300 psi, 0-20kg/cm².
- Professional Tester Kit: Our cylinder compression tester kit is a professional tool to measure pressure on gasoline engine cylinder quickly and accurately. It is suitable for petrol engines on motorcycles, cars, trucks, ATVs, and any other vehicles.
- Easy to Carry: The handheld carrying case is made of high quality PVC, keeps all accessories in place and protects the gauges during storage and transportion.
- Complete Accessories: The cylinder pressure gauge kit includes a cylinder compression gauge, 2 rubber cone ends, 4 brass adapters, and 14" extension hose, meet all your practical needs.
- 100% Satisfaction: We are responsible for every product. If you have any problems with our products or services, please contact us immediately and we will provide you with exceptional responses to your every concern.
- 【Fitment】- Compatible with 2003-2010 6.0L / 6.4L Ford Powerstroke Diesel Fuel Filter. It is also suitable for many other 24/35/36mm filter applications.
- 【High Standard Billet Aluminum Material】- Made of High Quality Billet Aluminum with Black Finish, High Strength and Durablity, Anti-Rust, Anti-Corrosion, No Deformation and No Fading.
- 【Kindly Usage Instruction】- Combine with your stubby barrel(1.5 inches perfect match), 3/8 extension rod and 3/8 ratchet. The fuel fliter sleeve is reversible 24mm / 36mm. The main fuel filter cover is 36mm, and the secondary fuel filter cover is 24mm. (Kindly Note: On 6.4L Applications, all filters use the 36mm end of the socket).
- 【Excellent Design】- A diesel filter holder can be used for both upper and lower fuel filters and oil filters. The low profile design provides space for maintenance of the main fuel filter.
- 【Package Included and Guarantee】1PC Oil Filter Socket------Support 12 months free refund and exchange. If you have any problem about this product, please feel free to contact us.
- Checking Compression On Petrol Engine Quickly And Accurately
- Easy Pressure Release Button On Side Of Tester
- Completed Kit Comes With Adapters For Most Applications
- Kits Includes 2 Rubber Cones Ends Which Do Not Need To Thread Into Head
- 3" Gauge Features Dual Color Scale
- The engine oil pressure tester kit is used to diagnose and test the engine oil pressure value, to check whether it is normal. Prevent engine failure due to lack of oil. And with this best in class tools, you can get a definite pressure value well without relying on the dashboard light.
- There are 10 types of thread adapters are suitable for most cars, motorcycles, boats and other vehicles with gasoline and small diesel engines. As long as the adapters can match with your engine and oil pressure does not exceed 140 PSI. The 10 adapters are marked with number, you can choose the right one very easy.
- The pressure gauge uses metal gauge head with shockproof rubber cover, 3" big dial with clear dual scale range 0 to 140 PSI and 0 to 10 Bar. Compare to a large range, this oil pressure gauge is easy to read about 1-2 Bar with a short range. There are a straight quick coupler and a elbow one in the case, you can choose it according to the location of the engine oil pressure test port.
- Steel adapters, brass quick couplers, are featured with high hardness, rustless, durable and good air sealing. The 4FT long hose is made of rubber nylon resin with MAX. working pressure 300 PSI. There are also a small bag of seal gaskets, which are used for replacing the ones on adapters.
- For 30 days after purchase, return your undamaged products and you will receive a full refund. For 1 year after purchase, we will deal with all quality-related issues by part of REPLACEMENT OR REFUND. Please feel free to purchase. Please contact us by Amazon message system if there is any question, we will reply in 24 hours
- 【Perfect Fitment】– Compatible with Ford Super Duty 2003-2010 F250 F350 F450 F550, Ford Excursion 2003-2010, Ford 2004-2010 E-350 E-450, equipped with 6.0L V8 diesel turbocharged engines.
- 【6.0 IPR Valve Air Test Accessory Tool】– Equipped with 1/4" pipe threads to accommodate standard air fittings. It replaces the IPR valve and keeps the system completely sealed to avoid any possible leakage.
- 【Oil Rail Adapters】– Essential tools connected to the fuel rail to test for leaks. It allows to observe the injector control pressure (ICP) of the high-pressure oil system through direct instrument connection, and helps to test the leakage of the high-pressure oil system using workshop air.
- 【Premium Material】– Made of top quality solid steel or brass, it has excellent mechanical and physical properties, smooth surface, durable corrosion resistance, and has been repeatedly tested and gradually optimized to ensure its excellent performance and long service life.
- 【Satisfaction Guarantee】– Any other problem about the product, please feel free to contact us. If you are not satisified with the item, please feel free to return it back and we will refund full back to you. If the item has defect, please contact us, we take all the responsibility and reissue it for free without hesitation.
- Compatible with ALL Automotive Smoke Testers
- Make leak testing with a smoke machine via larger openings a whole lot easier!
- Premium Durable Quality. Automotive Grade.Simply fit the cone into diagnostic site and inject smoke to test for system leaks
- NEW LARGER SIZE! Will fit almost all exhaust tips and intake boots. Made for larger openings with a diameter up to 3.25 inches (82mm) and as small as 1 inch (26mm)
- 【 FAST SAFE DELIVERY, QUALITY ASSURANCE】Shipment by Amazon.Our Worry-free 36-month warranty and friendly customer service in 24-hour by amazon message support or Through the contact information in the user manual can help resolve any usage issues and Free lifetime technical support and Passed FCC EMC CE ROHS IC SAA CCC GS Certification.
- Dual Dial For Accurate Reading, With A 140 PSI /10 Bar Scale
- Deluxe Manometer Fuel Injection Pressure Tester Gauge Kit
- Set comes in a specially designed molded case to make storage easy and organized.
- A time saving quick coupler connection at the end of he gauge hose makes a speedy and efficient couple possible with most adapters.
- The included adapters, hoses and fittings cover all fuel injection systems and most cars and trucks world wide!
Last update on 2021-09-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-09-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API