NHTSA ID Number: 10186932
Manufacturer Communication Number: SB09-J-002F
AN EGR COOLER TESTER WAS PROVIDED TO DEALERS IN JUNE 2009 TO DIAGNOSE EGR COOLER LEAKS ON ALL ISUZU DIESEL ENGINES EQUIPPED WITH AN EGR COOLER. THIS TESTER CONSISTS OF A PRESSURE REGULATOR ASSEMBLY J-46091-1 AND ADAPTERS EN-48974-5, EN-48974-15, AND EN-48974-30.
IMPORTANT: LEAKS FROM THE EGR COOLER MAY ALLOW COOLANT OT PASS THROUGH THE EXHAUST SYSTEM AND ENTER THE COMBUSTION CHAMBERS. FAILURE TO INSPECT THE EGR COOLER FOR LEAKS MAY LEAD TO A MISDIAGNOSIS FOR ENGINE COOLANT IN THE COMBUSTION CHAMBER.
IMPORTANT: LEAKS FROM THE EGR COOLER MAY ALLOW EXHAUST GAS AIR TO PASS TO THE ENGINE COOLANT PASSAGE WITHIN THE EGR COOLER. FAILURE TO INSPECT HTE EGR COOLER FOR LEAKS MAY LEAD TO A MISDIAGNOSIS OF AIR IN THE ENGINE COOLING SYSTEM
- 2005MY- Current Isuzu N-Series
- 2011-2018MY NPR Stripped Chassis (Reach)
- 2005-2010MY GMC and Chevrolet W-Series
- 2007i-2009MY Isuzu F-Series
- 2018MY-Current Isuzu F-Series
- 2007i-2009MY GMC and Chevrolet T and C-Series 6HK1 Equipped with Diesel Engines with an EGR Cooler
This bulletin supersedes SB09-J-002E. This bulletin is being revised to update model years and content. Please discard previous bulletin SB09-J-002E.
An EGR cooler tester was provided to dealers in June 2009 to diagnose EGR cooler leaks on all Isuzu diesel engines equipped with an EGR cooler. This tester consists of a pressure regulator assembly J-46091-1 and adapters EN-48974-5, EN-48974-15, and EN-48974-30.
Important: Leaks from the EGR cooler may allow coolant to pass through the exhaust system and enter the combustion chambers. Failure to inspect the EGR cooler for leaks may lead to a misdiagnosis for engine coolant in the combustion chamber.
Important: Leaks from the EGR cooler may allow exhaust gas air to pass to the engine coolant passage within the EGR cooler. Failure to inspect the EGR cooler for leaks may lead to a misdiagnosis of air in the engine cooling system.
EGR Cooler Pressure Tester
J-46091-1 – EGR Cooler Tester Pressure Regulator Assembly
EN-48974-5 – EGR Cooler Tester Adapter (5/8 inch for 2005-2007 5.2L, 2007-2009 7.8L, 2011-2018 3.0L)
EN-48974-15 – EGR Cooler Tester Adapter (17 mm for 2007i-2010 5.2L)
EN-48974-30 – EGR Cooler Tester Adapter (1 inch for 2011-Current 5.2L)
EGR Cooler Testing
- Partially drain the engine coolant and remove the EGR cooler hoses.
- With the cooler on the engine, install the end cap and clamp of EN-48974 (EGR cooler tester adapter) on one of the EGR cooler hose barbs and install the pressure tester adapter hose and clamp to the other EGR cooler hose barb.
- Back off the regulator on the J-46091-1 (EGR cooler pressure regulator assembly) by turning the knob counterclockwise until it stops.
- Connect J-46091-1 to EN-48974, and connect 90 PSI shop air to J-46091-1.
- Open the shutoff valve, and then slowly turn the regulator on J-46091-1 clockwise until the gauge reads 30 psi.
- Shut off the valve on J-46091-1 and monitor the gauge for leak down. Remove the EGR cooler if it does not hold pressure.
- If the EGR cooler does not hold pressure, redo Steps 5 and 6 with the EGR cooler submerged in very warm water (which allows the EGR cooler to expand). After placing the EGR cooler under very warm water, shake and rotate the cooler for approximately 1 minute to ensure all air bubbles escape from the exhaust gas passage before testing. With the pressure set to 30 psi watch for air bubbles. Watch for at least 1 minute. This is done to ensure the EGR cooler is leaking and not the EGR cooler tester.
Note: Not removing this trapped air may result in missed diagnosis.
Rotate Cooler to release trapped air
Shake Cooler to release trapped air
20 Affected Products
1 Associated Document
- Stant engine cooling system pressure tester replacement Hose and head kit - does not include other kit components, i.e., pump, gauge, case, etc.
- Test kit replaces the standard radiator cap with specially engineered testing components
- Pressure testing can help determine the health of cooling system components and radiator/recovery bottle caps by revealing pressure dependent leaks or components on the verge of failure
- Capable of testing cooling system at up to 30 psi along with lower pressures - 17-19, 20 lbs.
- Includes spacer washer for 1 inch deep filler necks
- High Compatibility: Our 14-piece radiator coolant pressure tester features a manual pressure pump, a thermometer, 4 metal adapters and 8 color coded testing caps. This coolant pressure tester kit is your go-to solution for a wide range of Japanese, European, and American car models.
- Robust Hand Pump: Crafted with a robust aluminum pump and reinforced with dual rubber rings in the hose interface, our hand pump ensures exceptional airtightness and extended lifespan. With a testing pressure range of 0-35 psi, it delivers pinpoint accuracy every time.
- Color-coded Caps: With advanced features such as color-coded caps, the corresponding number is marked on the adapters and the box, identifying the right adapter for your vehicle has never been easier.
- Steel Cover Adapter: All the steel cap adapters are made of aluminum plate and steel, with high strength rubber, wear and corrosion resistance, good quality, long service life.
- Compact and Organized: The toolbox of our 14pcs radiator pressure tester is compact and portable. The interior features precise slots to keep accessories neatly organized and prevent them from slipping during transport. Say goodbye to cluttered and messy tool storage.
- MULTIFUNCTION: The 18 pcs radiator pressure tester kit allows detecting for leakage in radiator system, especially head gasket failure detection, and help you to change coolant more efficiently.
- WELL MADE KIT: cooling system pressure tester adapters are made of high quality aluminum, and treated with rust and corrosion protection. High tenacity rubber and high-impact plastic for longer service life.
- COLOR CODED SET : cooling system pressure tester kit Color coded are convenient to select the suitable one according to different colors without messy. 18 pcs cooling system pressure tester kit are perfect to test cooling systems on most vehicles.
- EASY TO CARRY: Radiator pressure tester thickened carrying case keeps all accessories in place and protects the gauges during storage and transportation.
- 100% Satisfaction: We are responsible for every product. If you have any problems with our products or services, please contact us immediately and we will provide you with exceptional responses to your every concern.
- Comprehensive testing: Our coolant pressure tester kit includes various adapters that enable you to test several types of radiators and cooling systems, you will receive 1 pressure test pump with pressure gauge 1 thermometer 3 chrome plated steel cap adapters 13 radiator cap adapters 1 carrying case
- Superior Quality: Made from high-quality aluminum, this coolant pressure tester kit is built for durability and long-lasting performance.
- Accurate Readings: The kit allows accurate pressure readings of up to 35 PSI, enabling you to diagnose any coolant system leaks or issues with ease.
- Wide Compatibility: With multiple adapters and connection options, compatible with Mercedes-Benz, GM, Jeep, Peugeot, Subaru, Chrysler, Acura, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Mazda, Toyota, Infiniti, Geo, Suzuki, Isuzu, Honda, Lexus, Volvo, Saab, Citroen, Renault, Fiat, Alfa, Mini Cooper, VW, BMW, Ford, Opel, Porsche, etc. including cars, trucks, and SUVs.
- Leak detection made easy: This radiator pressure tester helps to quickly identify coolant leaks in your vehicle, saving you time and money on expensive repairs.
- [High quality]: The radiator pressure tester is made of high-quality aluminum alloy, rubber and nylon, with better sealing, higher strength and good toughness, providing higher stability to prolong service life, and better vacuum effect it is good.
- [ Multi-function]: Our universal radiator pressure tester kit can test the leakage in the radiator system, replace the coolant and remove air bubbles. You can use the tester to quickly and easily solve any problems related to radiator pressure, making your work easier and faster.
- [Complete specifications]: coolant pressure tester kit make it easy for you to choose the right test cap for your work without causing confusion. The 15pcs radiator test cap is suitable for testing the cooling system of most cars. It is equipped with a coolant replacement system to help you easily replace the old coolant.
- [Easy to store and carry]: The radiator test kit pressure ， coolant pressure tester uses a thick blow molding tool box to fix all items in place, protect your instrument, easy to store and easy to carry.
- [SATISFACTION CUSTOMER SERVICE]: specialize in high-quality auto parts and auto supplies kits. If you encounter any problems with our products or during use, please contact us in time, and we will give you a satisfactory reply as soon as possible.
- Universal Use: 28pcs universal radiator pressure tester and vacuum type cooling system kit make it easy to test leaks in radiator system and quickly change coolant.17 test caps and a vacuum pump with gauge working pressure is 0-35 psi, for testing or refilling cooling systems on most domestic and import vehicles.
- Timely Protect: A comprehensive coolant system pressure test & refill kit helps find internal and external leaks in your cooling system, providing cooling system leakage test & filling tool for any car enthusiast or automotive professional.
- Color Coded Caps: Different color labeled test caps help operators working much more efficiently to choose suitable cap and work, which can save a lot of time of choosing the right one,convenient and no confusion.A detailed operating manual is included in the package.Follow the manual, easy to use.
- Easy to Use: Radiator pressure tester kit tests range 0 - 30cmHG, and the water tank pressure gauge test range is 0-35 PSI. Allows you to test vehicle cooling system leaks and replace coolant in a simpler and more straightforward way, including radiators, heater cores and radiator caps.The Connections of vacuum refiller are constructed with metal, which has more stability and suction.
- Heavy Duty Case: Equipped with a black bold molded case, which keeps your kit organized, providing you a convenient way to tester.And If there is some problem with our products while you receive it, pls feel free to contact us, we will do our best for your satisfaction.
- Allows you to quickly and easily diagnose leaks and other cooling system issues
- Includes 8 aluminum color-coded adapters and 4 test caps to fit most import and domestic vehicles
- Includes hand pump pressure tester
- Color coded adaptors are made of anodized machined aluminum to resist wear and tear
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- [ Multi-function]: Our radiator pressure tester kit can test the leakage in the radiator system, replace the coolant and remove air bubbles. You can use the tester to quickly and easily solve any problems related to radiator pressure, making your work easier and faster.
- [High quality]: The coolant pressure tester kit is made of high-quality aluminum alloy, rubber and nylon, with better sealing, higher strength and good toughness, providing higher stability to prolong service life, and better vacuum effect it is good.
- [Complete specifications]: color-coded coolant pressure tester kit make it easy for you to choose the right test cap for your work without causing confusion. The 18pcs radiator pressure tester kit is suitable for testing the cooling system of most cars. It is equipped with a coolant replacement system to help you easily replace the old coolant.
- [Easy to store and carry]: The coolant pressure tester kit uses a thick blow molding tool box to fix all items in place, protect your instrument, easy to store and easy to carry.
- [100% SATISFACTION CUSTOMER SERVICE]: specialize in high-quality auto parts and auto supplies kits. If you encounter any problems with our products or during use, please contact us in time, and we will give you a satisfactory reply as soon as possible.
- Allows you to quickly and easily diagnose leaks and other cooling system issues.Fit Type: Universal
- Includes 17color-coded adapters and 3 test caps to fit most import and domestic vehicles
- Includes vacuum purge and refill tools to prevent air intrusion and eliminate cooling system bleeding time
- Working pressure of 0-35 psi
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- ◇ Function --- This radiator pressure tester kit allows you to change coolant and test for leaks in your vehicle's cooling system, including the radiator, heater core and radiator cap, in a simple and straightforward manner.
- ◇ Premium Quality --- Made of high quality and durable material, high strength and toughness, providing higher stability and longer service life.
- ◇ Note ---If the temperature is too high, you may get scalded. Before you open it, make sure the tank is cool when you use it.
- ◇ Easy to Use --- Remove the original radiator cap, select an available radiator cap from the test kit, and install it on the radiator port. Operate the hand pump until the pressure reaches 10-15psi (avoid reaching 35psi). Check the pressure gauge reading. If the reading drops automatically, the radiator may be leaking. Have the radiator system checked and repaired if necessary. Typically, it takes about 10 minutes to test for leaks and is a very quick and easy operation.
- ◇ Packing list --- 1*pressure test pump with pressure gauge, 1* thermometer, 3*chrome-plated steel cap adapters, 10*anodized cap adapters, 2*connectors, 1*adapter handle, 1*carrying case. Sturdy and durable, widely compatible with various brands of cars (please refer to the pictures below for specific car models)
Last update on 2023-11-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.